Practitioner and Student Training Menu:
Monthly Clinical Group Supervision
Using a process oriented model
With Silvia Camastral Ph.D.
8 times from March – December 2018
Who can attend?
If you are a counsellor, psychotherapist, social worker or psychologist, this could be the group for you. With a maximum of 6 members, each supervisee will be able to present a case or situation for half an hour. You can get help with your cases or professional situations as well as share ideas and learn with others in a confidential atmosphere. (Confidentiality forms will be signed).
What can you expect?
There will be opportunities to:
- Present a case, discuss arising issues and view situation from different angles,
- Learn about the process oriented model
- Focus on Best Practice
- Get help from the supervisor and the group members.
- Explore and expand client and therapist issues through use of role-play
- Study parallel process aspects
- Explore therapist-client relationship aspects (transference and counter transference)
- Look at professional practice issues
- Share ideas and experiences amongst group members
- Brainstorm and find suitable and creative interventions
- Support and expand the therapist’s own professional growth
8 times on the first Friday morning of the month:
Dates: March 2nd, April 6th, May 4th, (no session June), July 6th , August 3rd, Sept 7th, (no session in Oct) Nov 2nd, and Dec 7th 2018
Time: 9am -12pm
Location: New Farm Professional Suites, Suite 7, Merthyr Village, New Farm.
Cost: Early Bird $ 570.00 by February 1st,, after that $ 590.00
Enrolment: to secure your place, contact Silvia as soon as possible
Silvia Camastral is a clinical member of QCA and PACFA and a clinical Supervisor with PACFA. She has a Ph.D in Psychotherapy and a Masters of Counselling from QUT.
Silvia is a senior trainer of ANZPOP (Australia and New Zealand Process Oriented Psychology) and process-oriented counsellor/psychotherapist in private practice with over 20 years of experience.
Silvia trains and supervises students in the ANZPOP training program, as well as therapists and counsellors from other backgrounds. She is a sessional academic at QUT where she tutors and lectures students in counselling studies.
She also conducts group supervision for counselling students at ACAP.
More info about Silvia: facebook.com/silviacamastral.counselling